Look for the 2017 Training Schedule soon!
Here's what we did for the TRIMax 2016 Optional Training Day
(Training limited to Clients only)
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Here's what we did for the TRIMax 2016 Optional Training Day
Submit a Training Suggestion or Request
Purpose: Class attendees will get a hands-on chance to understand how TRIRIGA works Under the Hood. The session will not only look under the hood but also show you the art of the possible using TRIRIGA. The session begins by outlining the servers necessary to keep the application running smoothly, moves to a comprehensive look at data storage, summarizes the specific components of TRIRIGA, and helps you understand business logic and workflows. Throughout this training you will be working hands-on with developer tools in the application to solidify your knowledge and understanding of TRIRIGA. After lunch - time will be spent understanding security and security groups, portals, and discussing when they should be and how the TRIRIGA platform and application are upgraded. Finally, we will spend time exploring integrations, reports, and performance issues.
Questions are encouraged and time has been built in the day to answer them. Can you believe you can be IBM TRIRIGA smarter in just six hours (and that includes lunch)?! It’s true! We guarantee you will walk away with a new deeper understanding of your IBM TRIRIGA implementation.
Prerequisite: Attendees should be familiar with the IBM TRIRIGA application.
IBM TRIRIGA Under the Hood Agenda
• App Server
• Process Server
• Database Server
• Other Servers
• What is a table?
• How are tables related to each other?
Hands on Lab: Sketch a model of your first application
• Data Model
• Record States and Transitions
Hands on Lab: Create your first application
Creating Business Logic
Hands on Lab: Add logic to your application using workflow
• Overview of TRIRIGA Security
• Security Strategies
Hands on Lab: Create a Security Group
• Overview of TRIRIGA Portals
Hands on Lab: Create a Portal
• OOB vs. Custom
• Naming Conventions
• How Object Migration works
• Minimizing Risks
Hands on Lab: Create an Object Migration Package
Overview of Integrations
• Better methodology using integrations- What does Serco know?
• Serco’s Insight tool
The Best Practices: Determining IBM TRIRIGA Platform and Application Upgrades session will explore how the new revision functionality introduced with TRIRIGA 10.5.1/3.5.1 will change how we assess and execute application upgrades. Topics include:
- The current state of application upgrades
- How to blend in the changes necessary to establish the future state of application upgrades
- Making changes to the development standards
- How to ensure all future modifications are applied
- Leveraging the delivered TRIRIGA comparison functionality for upgrade success
IBM TRIRIGA Syllabi for Reporting:
The intent of this course is to familiarize participants with the ad-hoc reporting capabilities and BIRT reporting capabilities in the IBM TRIRIGA Platform. This is a little taste of two of our most popular classes in our training academy.
IBM TRIRIGA Ad-Hoc Reporting
- An overview of the internal reporting tool offered with the TRIRIGA suite of products.
- Learn best practices for report naming conventions.
- Applying fields, filters and groupings to your reports.
- Adding graphics and charts to your reports.
- Applying security & access to your reports.
IBM TRIRIGA BIRT Reporting
- What is a BIRT report & what does it stand for?
- Learn when to use a BIRT report.
- Understanding the steps & procedures for building a BIRT report.
- Building a BIRT project & configuring a base design.
- Learn about scorecard reports.
- Applying BIRT reports to the TRIRIGA dashboard.
Asset Management for Executives - 3 Hours
A lot of granular data is recorded in Maximo, however, turning this data into information that supports business objectives can be challenging and confusing. This session will provide practical methods and tips, from a Manager’s perspective, for improving “Information ROI”.
- Introduction to Asset Management Best Practice Pillars (and Asset Management ties to Uptime Elements)
- How Maximo may be used to support current business and Best Practices
- Metrics/KPIs used to measure progress & results
- Suggestions for how your organization can leverage legacy wisdom & Experience Based Maintenance
- Executive Team’s role in driving progress & Management of Change
IBM Scheduler – ‘Soup to Nuts’ including deployed example and new features 3 Hours
An effective scheduling process can yield major benefits such as wrench time increase, however, aligning your organization, processes and scheduling tool is challenging. Using a recently deployed solution at a major utility, this session will walk through the steps for implementing IBM Scheduler.
Attendees will receive the following information in an interactive session – including Maximo/Scheduler demonstration aligned to the below topics:
- Organizational Alignment – Discuss strategies for getting all key groups onboard
- Process Alignment – After organizational buy-in, implementing an effective process is critical including how to filter projects, material reservation options, enabling labor availability, staging and reporting.
- Tool Alignment – myriad of technical, data, and training issues that must be worked out
- New features with the next Scheduler Release
- Lessons learned
Trainer: Scott Stukel, CMRP , Director Energy & Utilities, Reliability Practice
Scott is a seasoned engineer and consulting expert in Asset Management, Mechanical/Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering, Reliability, RCM, Operations & Maintenance Management, Business Consulting, and Technology.
He has worked with organizations in a wide range of private and public industries to take a simplistic look at their complex asset systems, engineering practices, and business processes to provide innovative solutions and implement technology to manage the business.
His experience ranges from design and sustaining engineering of complex structures and electro-mechanical, robotic, and electronic systems to implementation & use of asset management software, ERP systems, mobile technology, GIS, and data analytics to improve business efficiency.